Sunday, January 14, 2007

Life, on ice...


Well, today is day #3 of our regional ice storm. I really can't complain too much. We're actually quite snug and cozy in our winter Alcatraz. As a family we've enjoyed a fireside movie with popcorn, a bigger and better than usual Sunday breakfast, lazy pajama days, reading and games, and an overflowing heap of togetherness.

My one moment of anxiety resulted from realizing our family doctor's office was closed yesterday (due to ice) after deciding to take Li'l Bear in for a sick visit. He'd been running a fever since Thursday afternoon and seemed, for a time, to be worsening. My only remaining option was the local ER which was overflowing with winter-weekend "business." The near certainty of at least 6-8 hours of waiting coupled with the likelihood of hearing, "It's just a virus. Give 'em Tylenol and fluids and come back if it gets worse," deterred me from braving the icy thoroughfares. And at this point he seems to be pulling through just fine. I am just treating his symptoms and overlooking his uhhh...moodiness.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and most places will remain closed. My husband, however, is expected to be at work, as far as we know. That's a shame considering that the freezing rain is still making its way down to gloss our city. (I am grateful that our power lines have not been affected.) Whether Ron makes it out tomorrow, or not, remains to be seen as the weather men are strongly urging him to stay at home. It never ceases to amaze me how an advisory to stay at home restores his, usually shaky, faith in the meteorological community. ;-) It's a wonder to behold!

Well, I won't thrill you any further with the details of this day though you beg and plead. I have more to do than write in this blog and besides---the whole lazy pajama thing--- it's getting old. I'm going to get dressed and comb my hair! (And you should do likewise, you internet addict!)

...and that's just my $0.02...

Tonya

No comments: